Symptoms of Anxiety Disorder
Anxiety disorder is a mental problem that has the following symptoms:
• Shortness of breath
• Dizziness, unsteadiness or faintness
• Palpitations or accelerated heart rate
• Trembling or shaking
• Nausea, stomachache, or diarrhoea
• Numbness or tingling sensations
• Flushing or chills
• Chest pain or discomfort
• Fear of dying
• Fear of ‘going crazy’ or losing control of self.
Suggestions for Anxiety Disorder
Below are the techniques using which a person can deal with Anxiety Disorder (these will also be part of the therapy sessions):
• Brief Version of Jacobson’s Relaxation Exercise.
• Avoidance of anxiety provoking situations will only increase the anxiety - do not try to avoid them.
• The fear producing thoughts are always irrational - do not concede to them.
• Repeatedly challenge your fear producing thoughts.
• Remember that panic is a manifestation of anxiety and will subside after few minutes - it will never continue.