The goal of UrClinic is to help the people of Chennai (and India!) realise that a mental illness is nothing to be ashamed of, that it is as common as any other illness and should be treated by a professionally qualified doctor or therapist. To this end, the following services are offered at UrClinic.
If you or your loved one is suffering mentally, then we suggest that you do the following:
1. Browse the Psychiatric Disorders section to understand the common mental illnesses.
2. Check the therapies available to understand how the therapist will conduct the sessions.
3. Contact UrClinic either by using the form provided, by calling the number provided or by dropping in directly at the clinic.
If you are interested in self-improvement or in providing support to a mentally affected individual, either personally or professionally, then please visit the General Conditions and Workshops sections to know the various options available.
These are problems of the mind that show up as different symptoms in the body. The most common ones are below:
1. Anxiety Disorder
2. Depressive Disorder
3. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
4. Somatisation Disorder
5. Conversion Disorder
The therapies available at UrClinic are the latest and scientifically proven to be most effective, including the Cognitive Behavioural Therapy techniques:
1. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
2. Cognitive Rehabilitation Therapy (CRT)
3. Marital Therapy
4. Family Therapy
5. Intervention for families caring for persons with dementia
There are conditions that do not strictly fall under disorders, because they do not prevent the person from living an acceptably normal life. However, these conditions do prevent the person from fulfilling his potential and if addressed by therapy, the person can improve his life tremendously.
1. Enhancing Emotional Management
2. Anger Management
3. Enhancing Academic Performance
These are programs that enable the participants to develop the skills necessary to enhance or develop self or others:
1. Enhancing Academic Performance
2. Personality Development
3. Workshop on Retirement
4. Pre-marital Workshop
5. Workshop for teachers